Thursday, September 23, 2004

More blathering about me and School and relationships

The partner and I started off the week with a discussion on how we will be apart for X number of years if I go on to do my 'higher' education. Seeing how the wedding bells are ringing off in the distance, this thought raises many problems/considerations. Due to our location, and my particular (vague) areas of interest, it is not possible for me to do my 'higher' education in the same city, and perhaps even the same state/country.

Is there a point in us getting married if I am going to be jetting off on my own for X number of years?

So, yes, the relationship environment has been hellish for both of us. These stresses are compounded, of course, by all the other bullshit one expects when starting a new job (partner), or (in my case) not being able to work or be in school after taking a full load of courses and working 20+ hours a week for the last four years. Not having the same social network that I had in the former city makes it even worse, as there is no one (yet) to distract me from my own tendencies to be negative.


Seeing how I don't want to change the name of this blog to Ex-Faculty Wife I need to resolve my problems asap.


I have found a couple of schools that are close enough to commute on weekends/holidays...but none that are *really* all that close. Actually, some (most)are quite far away, but are still worth considering (in terms of potential funding/programs offered).

Woe is me.

Would it be terribly rude if I listed a couple of the schools I am considering, to see if anyone has any experience with them, or advice (such as, that school has a good reputation)?

This is an SOS


(Save Our Sanity)