Saturday, August 28, 2004

Last night was the first lonely night in the new place of residence.

I was so lonely last night that today I decided to play hooky from a Most Special Event being held right now.

I know that doesn't really make sense--avoiding people right when I am feeling the most lonely, but filling the role of FW after last night would make me spiral into an even greater pit of sadness. Listening to everyone getting excited for the new school year and talking about classes, and students, and readings that are assigned...painfully reminds me that I don't have school this year, filled with very exciting readings, classes, and discussions. Woe is me. Get me back in a classroom asap.

But right now I am off on a task of picking out some new books that I get to buy. Any suggestions? I am thinking fiction, but I would go with something else if recommended.